Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jacked!

Boosted! Jimmied! Gone! All gone!
Alas alack! The Camry is no more, or at least until Seattle's finest track down the miscreants. Yup early this morn' someones (there was 2 of 'em) stole it out our garage! The chutzpah! And oddly I sort of saw it all go down. I was standing at the window and I saw a white camry heading down the block, with definitly someone in the passenger seat, and I was "Hey I got a white camry too" only it was "had" not "got."
Well if sin is its own punishment then the two losers are now the semi-proud owners of a leaky trunk, mildewy back seat, front window cracked, no radio working, no automatic seatbelt working (ha! don't hit anything boys), twitchy clutch, in bad need of a tune up car that's got 186000 miles on it's original oil filter.
Looks like I can pick up a 2 year old Mazda for about $15K...so I guess there's a bright side to everything.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seattle's finest (sf) are NOT going to track down the car. someone will report a car parked in front of her house for 10 days without moving and about 2 weeks after that, sf will show up to impound it and VOILA! they will have "found" the car.

usually i id myself, but this time i shall remain....

Fri Mar 21, 03:52:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i know somebody with a used nissan minivan. cheep.

Fri Mar 21, 07:43:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cop that took the report said the same thing...and I'm already rollin' Nizzan style (at least in the short term)

Sat Mar 22, 10:40:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking these guys are UW friends pulling a prank, who else would take a twenty year old camry.

Mon Mar 24, 09:35:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when the cop was there you should have asked him if they ever caught the woman who hit you when you were in a crosswalk. you gave them her license plate # - how much more of a headstart do they needs??? still remaining... anon

Fri Mar 28, 09:15:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sleeping through night? When my car got broken into I had mild insomnia for a month or two

Sun Mar 30, 11:46:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually there's an article in The Stranger about the SPD...unless you's dying they'll follow up when then can.
Sleep is on and off but that's just because I got an inflammed nerve in my neck. If they want to try to bust in the house I got a 2 handed broadsword named "blood-letter" ...(for realz, picked it up a gargesale last year, looks great with a kilt)

Mon Mar 31, 02:21:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear the prodigal car has returned - you'll need to update us on that saga....

Sun Apr 20, 09:50:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you do in that case? Stab the best spare tire?

Sun Apr 20, 03:36:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, with the blood-letter.

Mon Apr 21, 12:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home